Bhutanese Buddhist Prayer Flags
These traditional paper-thin flags are crafted with frayed edges and loose threads meant to blow in the wind.
Traditionally, prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength and wisdom. The flags do not carry prayers to gods, which is a common misconception. Rather, the Tibetans believe the prayers and mantras will be blown by the wind to spread the goodwill and compassion into all pervading space. Therefore, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all.
- INDIVIDUAL FLAG SIZE: 10 X 8 Inches; Full Length: 7 1/2 Feet; 10 Flags
- These traditional paper thin flags are crafted with frayed edges and loose threads meant to blow and wear in the wind
- The gradual disintegration of each flag represents spreading and transfer of goodwill into all pervading space
- In Bhutan the following are the color references:
- yellow = earth
- red = fire
- blue = space
- white = water
- green = environment.
- Print design may vary slightly from the pictured images due to handcrafted manufacturing.